SaucerSwap has repurposed the SAUCE faucet to instead dispense HBAR to members of the community. Upon linking your account via Discord, you are eligible to a one-time pull of $0.12 worth of HBAR. The intention of the faucet is to provide you with the bare minimum amount of HBAR to cover gas fees on a WHBAR token association (necessary to use SaucerSwap) and direct token swap to HBAR - this newly acquired HBAR will then be used to cover subsequent gas fees.
To use the faucet, follow these simple steps:
- First, open Google Chrome or another Chrome-based browser.
- This will open a window in HashPack that prompts you to connect with SaucerSwap via HashConnect. You may do so by selecting Pair with Wallet, Pair with Code, or Pair with QR Code.
- Sign in to your HashPack, check the box adjacent to your nickname, and click Approve.
- Once your wallet is connected, navigate to the nav bar, click on the "..." dropdown to the right of Portfolio, and click on Profile.
- You will be automatically redirected to saucerswap.finance/profile/xx. Once there, click Login to Edit and approve the request in HashPack.
- After the request is approved, return to the site and click Edit Profile.
- Be sure to add your Discord handle (including the 4-digit hash) and set your profile to public so that the SaucerSwap team can correlate your wallet address and username. You may switch this to private after your account is linked. All other fields are optional.
- Post a link to your social profile in the #account-linking channel and a social manager will verify your account.
- To pull from the faucet, navigate to the #faucet channel and run the command
- You can verify that you have received HBAR by refreshing your HashPack balance.