- Before starting, ensure you have sufficient HBAR to cover gas fees. Intructions on how to obtain free HBAR can be here.
- On the Swap page, navigate to the top right of the nav bar and click Connect Wallet.
- This will open a window that prompts you to connect your wallet via HashConnect. Select one of three options: Pair with Wallet, Pair with Code, or Pair with QR Code.
- Approve the connection in HashPack.
- In the user interface, select Token A (From) and choose the token you would like to swap. Repeat this process for Token B (To) - the token you wish to receive.
- SaucerSwap only displays defaut and extended token lists. If you do not see a token you wish to swap, you can import it to the experimental list by entering the token ID in the search bar, acknowledging the disclaimer, and clicking OK.
- Once the desired trading pair has been selected, enter the amount of Token A you wish to swap in the upper field. The estimated amount of Token B received is automatically calculated, determined by the ratio of the pool. Alternatively, enter the amount of Token B you would like to receive in the lower field. The amount of Token A swapped is calculated by the same ratio.
- Lastly, ensure the Slippage, Min. Receive, Price Impact, Fee, and Route are to your satisfaction.
Slippage: the difference between the expected price of a trade and the actual price at which the trade is executed.
Min. Received: the minimum amount of Token B received on a trade. This varies, depending on the slippage tolerance.
Slippage Tolerance: the amount of slippage (expressed as a percentage) you are willing to take on a trade. By default, this is set to 0.5%. You may need to adjust this, depending on the available liquidity. Do so by clicking the pencil icon adjacent to Slippage, or by clicking the gear on the nav bar. A low value ensures the price at the confirmation time closely matches the actual price of the transaction, although this comes at the risk of my transaction failing. A higher value increases the likelihood of my transaction succeeding, at the risk of a discrepancy between these prices.
Price Impact: the difference between the market price and estimated price due to trade size. The lower the price impact, the more desirable the trade outcome.
Fee: for each trade a fixed 0.30% fee is paid, of which, 0.25% goes to liquidity providers and 0.05% to the DAO Treasury. Note that this is in addition to the gas fee.
Route: Trades can be routed through multi-hops (intermediary LPs). By default, the protocol will choose a route that affords the best price for your trade, however, you can manually select any available route.
Note that a 0.30% fee + gas is charged for each multi-hop in the route.
- Once you are ready to proceed, click Swap and approve the transaction in HashPack. The gas fee will be displayed in-wallet. If you have not yet associated the token, you will first be prompted to do so first.